In consideration of trends such as urbanization (faster than centralized infrastructure can effectively accommodate), energy use, and climate change/resilience, we begin focusing on decentralized water reuse.
Are there prime examples for small-scale/community scale, modular, decentralized water reuse systems? And are there such systems that treat wastewater to potable quality and are energy efficient?
If you share decentralized examples, it would be immensely helpful if you can share details as:
- The Input (wastewater? industrial water? both?)
- The output (to what quality are they treating the water?)
- The source (i.e., the grid or maybe it’s mobile?)
- How large are the systems in sq/m or sq/ft
- What happens to sludge and effluent water?
- How much water is processed (volume) or how many users it can serve?