Thank you for your advice and support on the Infinity Water Prize Design! Our designers are now finalizing the design of the prize competition. We would like to invite you to join the next phase of this process, which is the prize's impact strategy.

XPRIZE competitions are about more than incentivizing innovation breakthroughs; we want the prize, and those breakthroughs, to catalyze massive global changes and impact.

To that end, we would welcome your recommendations on:

• What larger goals should we be shooting for in this prize?

• What are audacious but achievable targets for this prize?

• Which partners could help ensure the prize meets those targets?

Impact Partnerships

NickOttensNickOttens Community ManagerBarcelona, SpainPosts: 719 admin
What individuals or organizations would be good for XPRIZE to partner with in order to realize our highest impact aims for this prize?

What value could we provide them and what value could they provide us?

Please share your recommendations here!

Comments

• SethDarlingSethDarling Director, Center for Molecular Engineering Posts: 7
    I would recommend connecting with major water consortia for objective consultation of metrics. NAWI, the new U.S. DOE-supported water hub is a good example (https://www.nawihub.org/about).
  • NickOttensNickOttens Community Manager Barcelona, SpainPosts: 719 admin
    Thank you, @SethDarling!

@csadoff, @AquaDoc, @CoreySwitzer, @engrthakur, do you have any recommendations?
  • apramanikapramanik Executive Director Posts: 3
    I concur with @SethDarling, and might suggest perhaps contacting those who were also ranked very high / recommended through this DOE competition as they are likely to be good ideas/suggestions/projects that they proposed.

In addition, perhaps consider reaching out to the Global Water Research Coalition's managing director (Stéphanie Rinck-Pfeiffer). Assuming your/XPrize team discussions go well, she could then poll the GWRC Board members - who represent a number of major water research organizations (I used to be on their Board several years ago) on some key aspects/questions, and help promote the prize competition in their countries. If you have not already done so, perhaps consider contacting Dhesigen Naidoo, Executive Director of the Water Research Commission of South Africa, and Harry Seah of Singapore PUB (Public Utilities Commission). They're both on the GWRC Board.

In the US, both the CEC (California Energy Commission) and NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research & Development Authority) may offer additional insights.
  • NickOttensNickOttens Community Manager Barcelona, SpainPosts: 719 admin
    Thank you, @apramanik!

@OctopusGarden, @bramberkelmans, @hermanowicz, @serinity, do you have any other recommendations for us?
  • serinityserinity Founder Posts: 7
    Conscious Company Media might be a good place to start. There is also the House of Beautiful Business, based in Lisbon. These organizations are innovative in their approaches and may be open to what you are working on. These are rough ideas, but worth evaluating.
  • CarolineCaroline Los Angeles, CaliforniaPosts: 41 XPRIZE
    Thank you @SethDarling, @apramanik, and @serinity for these valuable recommendations! We've been in touch with some of the experts and organizations you suggested but not all.

Sincerely appreciate your support as always.
  • serinityserinity Founder Posts: 7
    @Caroline you are very welcome. Feel free to reach out if I can be of further assistance.
  • apramanikapramanik Executive Director Posts: 3
    @Caroline - glad to help advance a great & much needed competition! Feel free to contact me for any additional help.