What are some of the (potential) breakthroughs in prevention and early detection that could bring us closer to our vision for health in 2040?
We want to pull forward a future in which:
- Living to 100 and over – in good health – is no longer exceptional;
- Healthcare is holistic and biopsychosocial;
- People are empowered to make wise health decisions;
- Everyone has access to essential health services; and
- Infectious diseases are effectively managed through rapid and equitable treatment distribution.
Shifting from sick-care to preventative care, and from a healthcare model that is disease-focused to one that is health-focused, is the overarching vision here.
That will obviously require changes in policy, but that’s not something XPRIZE can (directly) achieve. Rather, I would like to ask the Community to think about innovations that we could perhaps incentivize with a prize competition to help realize this future.