Global Visioneering Energy Vision Workshop

After a general introduction to Global Visioneering and XPRIZE, participants will break out into groups to define future visions for the subdomains that received the most votes from the Community. These various visions will be combined into one overarching future vision for energy, which will form the basis for the online activity in May: mapping out the challenges that need to be overcome to achieve that vision.

The workshop is also an opportunity to network with fellow participants in the Global Visioneering program and ask questions of XPRIZE staff.

Please RSVP if you would like to join by clicking on the “Going” button below the event title. Reply to this topic if you have questions.

Details about guests, how to attend, and workshop activities will be announced later this month.

Maybe this is the elephant in the room that nobody is looking at. Consider that there are almost 8 billion people on the planet, and we are not all starving and freezing to death for one simple reason–the acquisition of abundant energy following the invention of heat engines by Carnot, Clausius, Diesel, etc., and the beginning of fossil fuel extraction on a massive scale in about 1900 AD to feed those engines. Still today about 80% of all the energy supporting our lives is from these sources.
We talk about moving to other renewable sources and the difficulties these create. (Reliability is missing from most.) The elephant we are missing is that heat engines can be a zero-carbon, renewable resource too.
May I propose an effort to develop the heat engine of the future? It produces no CO2, is highly efficient, and runs entirely on renewable fuels.

Thank you for signing up for the workshop, @ErnieRogers!

In this phase of the research, perhaps you could suggest a subdomain along the lines of what you describe. I imagine it could come back in the breakthroughs phase of the research as well, which would be in June and July.

I agree with you

My suggestion is a global solution for problems energy, freshwater, and climate changes: Cloud Power & Water (project AirHES) - the second (after Sun) source of renewable power (~800TW) and the first source of fresh water (~11 times more than all rivers).

Thanks @CloudWater for signing up for the workshops!

In this phase of the research, perhaps you could suggest a subdomain along the lines of what you describe.

Just click on the subdomain link above and then “New Topic” on top right hand corner and add details about any area under energy, which you feel is most important for XPRIZE to focus on to have maximum Impact and also mention the reason behind it. Thanks.

Thanks @Jesse_Nyokabi for registering for the workshop.

Thanks @DriesRoobroeck and @b0bbybaldi for registering for the workshop.

Hi @Jesse_Nyokabi, @DriesRoobroeck, @b0bbybaldi, @akb, @agval - I am sure you would have your favorite area under energy, which you feel is the most important to work on.

Just click on the subdomain link and then “New Topic” on top right hand corner and add details about any area under energy, which you feel is most important for XPRIZE to focus on and also mention the reason behind it. Thanks.

Looking forward to.