Closing gaps in which of the following focus areas will have the greatest positive impact?

@stephaniel @Kathleen_Hamrick I have not seen gender imbalances that are not reflective of disease incidence in clinical trials in the 10 + years I have worked in this area. Eg in lung cancer trials you always have more men enrollled, but that reflects incidence. Conversely in migraine trials, there are more women who enroll, also reflective of influence.

I think there’s an opportunity to expand the mental health topic area to encompass mental health across a women’s life and the impact of hormonal changes across that time (adolescence, pregnancy, menopause). This area is understudied and poorly addressed.

I would encourage you to consider including something that closes the data gap on diseases that predominantly affect women: eg migraine, lyme, fibromyalgia, ME/CFS. So little is known about these diseases, and women have historically been told its all in their head, or to tough it out.

Thanks @sadiew for voting and sharing your thoughts.

Happy to see that Global health and SDG data harmonization, automation, and use is most voted and I agree. I must mention that this is also quite broad- vertically and horizontally. we would need to identify the gender data gaps across the SDGs that touch on gender and on health (goal 3 and goal 5) and further to the respective indicators. Furthermore we highlight harmonization, automation and use (but should also include data generation- there is still some data that does not exist). Once again, happy to be here and ready to move to next stage :slight_smile:

Thanks @KarenBett for voting and sharing your thoughts.

We would love to hear what you think of adolescent health data gaps here Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Data Gaps — XPRIZE Community

@sadiew thank you for your insights here.

I’m curious to know if you are aware of the percentage of drugs that are still marketed today and that which were approved before 1993, before gender was a central part of the drug discovery conversation.