AI for Digital Transformation and Sustainable Geospatial Applications

Topic: AI for Digital Transformation and Sustainable Geospatial Applications

Goal: Powering Sustainability and Economic Growth Capabilities using AI and Satellite-based Technologies for Digital Transformation and Sustainable Geospatial Applications.

Roadmap:

• Channeling and supporting economic and industrial sectors with high need of internet and telecommunication services.
  • Developing Satellite-based internet services more accessible than the conventional internet services
  • Proving the importance of AI and Satellite-based Technologies for Digital Transformation
  • Proving the importance of AI and Satellite-based Technologies in the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)

@NickOttens

Thank you for posting this, @manuel.ntumba! I’m not sure where to place it, though? Could you connect it to one of our Global Visioneering domains: climate change, energy, health, or space?

1 Like

@NickOttens Yes, you are right. I will modify the content and add it to the Global Visioneering domain: space. Thank you for reminding me that.

1 Like

Now that we’ve entered the breakthroughs stage of the program, I think it’s worth discussing this there, so I’m moving the discussion.

1 Like

Great, thanks @NickOttens

Breakthroughs - Space Sustainability and Geospatial Applications

Although the ​global digital transformation, digital economy, and technology innovations; the improvement of space-based technologies and satellite services will help overcome many challenges and support sustainable development. The Implementation of Satellite-based Technologies to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and to support Global Sustainable Development and Economic Growth Capabilities, Sustainable Geospatial Applications, and Digital Transformation. Implementation of Satellite-based Technologies in B2B and B2C sectors of the Geospatial Industry to support Digital Transformation and Economic growth. Implementation of Satellite-based Technologies to support the United Nations Programme on Space Applications.

As per Space4SDGs of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), GNSS-based Geolocation, Earth Observation (EO), and Geospatial Information support the achievement of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). For instance, Space-based services and technologies help to face climate change, natural disasters, and many more. The increase of “Satellite Internet Access” platforms to support economic and industrial sectors of the Geospatial Industry, in higher need of internet access, especially in remote areas. Using AI for Digital Transformation and Sustainable Geospatial Applications. Powering Sustainability and Economic Growth Capabilities using AI and Satellite-based Technologies for Digital Transformation and Sustainable Geospatial Applications. Channeling and supporting economic and industrial sectors with high need of internet and telecommunication services. Developing Satellite-based internet services more accessible than conventional internet services. Demonstrating the importance of AI and Satellite-based Technologies for Digital Transformation. Demonstrating the importance of AI and Satellite-based Technologies in the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)

@Shashi @NickOttens @DavidPoli

1 Like

Hi @kfirdm, @Sheelika and @peregrinus - What according to you are the emerging breakthrough solutions leading to digital transformation and sustainable geospatial applications? Please share your thoughts.