COVID-19 will have massive economic ramifications. In the United States alone, 20+ million jobs have been lost in just two months.
But some occupations are, or probably will be, in higher demand: health-care and elderly-care work, teaching (especially online), sanitation.
Our prize designers and sponsors are adapting the idea of a Workforce Prize to:
- Provide an affordable, customizable, and scalable learning tool;
- Help vulnerable populations learn new occupational skills and find work;
- Assist individuals to rapidly enter new, emerging fields; and
- Place low/underpaid individuals into more gainful positions.
Incorporating elements from other ideas for prize competitions, the winning team in this prize will:
- Rapidly train 500 low-skill, low-education individuals at no entry cost to the individual. The team will achieve at least a 50% reduction in standard training time for the chosen occupation. Training must be conducted in 60 days or less. The occupation must be one that provides a living wage and is growing faster than the national average.
- Place as many as possible of its cohort into jobs in the chosen occupation within the following 60 days.
- Support the workers to ensure job retention of at least 90 days.
- Demonstrate exponential adoption by deploying the training solutions for two other occupations in different industries, and placing 5,000 individuals into relevant jobs (same conditions for occupations, individuals and training time) in 10 months.
Please share your feedback on the overall prize idea here, or answer our specific questions in the discussion sub-category.