Introductions

XPRIZEXPRIZE Los Angeles, CaliforniaPosts: 119 admin
Please introduce yourself to the community here.

Comments

• NickOttensNickOttens Community Manager Barcelona, SpainPosts: 455 admin
    edited July 31
    Hi everyone, I'm Nick, one of XPRIZE's online community managers. I'm originally from the Netherlands but live in Barcelona, Spain. My background is in political risk analysis, crowdsourced consultancy and journalism.

If you have any community-related questions or need help, please don't hesitate to message here or email me at [email protected].
  • shayshay Posts: 1 admin
    edited July 31
    Hello everyone. I'm Shay, XPRIZE's Head of Research. I look forward to working with you on so many exciting (and important) projects. Feel free to reach out to me directly with any question: [email protected].
  • NickAzerNickAzer Portland, OR, USAPosts: 98 admin
    edited July 31
    Hi all! I'm Nick Azer, one of our online community managers. I live in Portland, Oregon in the US. My background is in social media and blogging; for the past 6 years, I have been the social media manager, content curator, and "official geek" on the Google Lunar XPRIZE; and more recently have been helping these awesome new Prize Designs and Impact Roadmaps to develop some great online communities here.

If you have any community-related questions or need help, feel free to send me a message here anytime, or you can email me at [email protected]! Looking forward to talking with you all further on these cool projects.
  • timsilmantimsilman Los Angeles, CAPosts: 56 XPRIZE
    edited August 13
    Hi everyone, I'm Tim Silman here at XPRIZE and currently I'm the project manager for the Future of Food Impact Roadmap effort, part of our Human Health & Longevity domain.

I'm based in XPRIZE's LA office but am originally from Vermont. I spent the last few years working for a non-profit consulting firm in the social impact bond / Pay for Success space; I started my career in social policy research and evaluation, followed by some time as a consultant to foundations and multinationals. Along the way I received an MBA focused on sustainable innovation which touched on a number of topics relevant for our work here at XPRIZE.

To-date my career has mostly focused on domestic US social policy and I'm thrilled to have joined XPRIZE to expand the scope of the issues I'm able to tackle and to hopefully identify pathways to achieve breakthrough solutions. Very excited to engage with the community here so please @ me liberally!
  • BryanNambaBryanNamba Posts: 22 XPRIZE
    edited October 9
    Hi Everyone! I'm Bryan Namba, an Associate Project Manager on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I am currently working on the Zero-Waste Mining Prize Design under the Energy domain and the Lost Children Prize Design under the Civil Society domain.

My background is predominantly rooted in housing and homeless services policy. Before joining XPRIZE I was a policy analyst with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority. Prior, I advised on a similar portfolio of work with the City of Seattle Mayor's Office of Policy and Innovation.

Looking forward to engaging in some great discussions! Please feel free to connect on here, LinkedIn, or email me at [email protected]!
  • Kathleen_HamrickKathleen_Hamrick Posts: 21 XPRIZE
    edited August 14
    Hi everyone and welcome! I’m Kathleen Hamrick, a Senior Associate on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I'm currently working on the Feeding the Next Billion Prize Design at XPRIZE.

My background is in technical writing, research, and entrepreneurship. Prior to work with XPRIZE, I assisted with TechCrunch’s expansion of its premier startup competition into emerging global technology ecosystems.

Our team looks forward to engaging in discussions with you! Please feel free to connect with us - we'd love to answer questions and hear your ideas. I can be reached at: [email protected].
  • cnatancnatan Posts: 38 XPRIZE
    edited August 14
    Hello everyone and welcome! I'm Carlene, Lead Analyst on the Feeding the Next Billion Prize Design at XPRIZE. I am very much looking forward to working with you on this extremely important topic. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any thoughts or questions at: [email protected]. Thank you!
  • CarolineCaroline Los Angeles, CaliforniaPosts: 30 XPRIZE
    edited August 27
    Hi all, I'm Caroline Kolta, currently the Project Manager of the Feeding the Next Billion Prize Design, focused on alternative proteins.

In my time at XPRIZE, I also worked the Future of Food Impact Roadmap and a Prize Design tackling Alzheimer's Disease.

My background is in sustainable international development with several years of experience in gender and human rights programming in conflict areas in the Middle East and North Africa.

I look forward to working with you all!
  • jamesburbridgejamesburbridge Posts: 49 XPRIZE
    edited August 19
    Hello everyone, my name is James Burbridge and I am a Senior Associate on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I am currently working as the lead analyst on the Clean Air Prize Design.

My background is rooted in energy journalism. Prior to XPRIZE, I was a markets reporter for Interfax China, and price reporting agencies Argus Media and OPIS, with beats including the Chinese energy complex, Southeast Asia natural gas development, Singapore and Asia-Pacific fuel oil markets, and North American carbon trading.

I am sincerely looking forward to some engaging discussions on all of our current prize designs! Please feel free to connect on here, LinkedIn, or email me at [email protected].
  • Ali_J_GangehAli_J_Gangeh Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,

I'm Ali a 16y/o who wants to make an impact, I really look up to what Xprize is doing so I plan to contribute.

I'm currently looking into AI and ML and I taught a virtual car to drive through behavioral cloning. I also have done some smaller projects using NLP. In the past, I joined the UofT aerospace team to build a rocket which successfully launched in June 2018.

Feel free to connect on LinkedIn or email me at [email protected] If you want to know more about me check out aligangeh.com
  • UVMIUVMI Posts: 2
    Greetings, my name is Steve and I am an expert on Utility Vegetation Management practices, laws and regulations, and best management practices. I have investigated and served as an expert in numerous major fires in the states and abroad, and am also trained in wildfire cause investigations. Living here in California I am very familiar and involved with the major fires that have occurred and I testified, at the CPUC request, about best management practices to "avoid" the fires. I am also well versed in available technologies ranging from Lidar and remote sensing to UAVs, weather sensors, and associated software. I understand the focus on identification and rapid response mitigation but I am really more interested in "prevention" of the fires in the first place. I have solutions to that dilemma and would be happy to discuss at length. I look forward to this community discussion.
  • LisaCovingtonLisaCovington Los Angeles, CaliforniaPosts: 49 XPRIZE
    edited August 27
    Hello everyone! My name is Lisa Covington and I am a Product Manager on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I am currently working as the Product Lead on the Lost Children Prize Design.

I've been with the XPRIZE Foundation for several years and worked as Project Manger for the Barbara Bush Adult Literacy XPRIZE and as Product Manager for the Future of Longevity Impact Roadmap. I have 20+ year's experience in Non Profit Project Management.

I look forward to engaging in discussions with you!
  • alisonGFIalisonGFI Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm Alison Rabschnuk, Director of Corporate Engagement at the Good Food Institute, a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our organization employs over 70 staff around the globe with our focus on four programmatic areas:
    1) In Science & Technology, our team of PhD scientists advances and shares the foundational science of plant-based and cell-based meat.
    2) We assist and support entrepreneurs and startups so they can build successful companies and we also steer private sector funding to a sustainable and just food system
    3) Corporate Engagement builds relationships with the world’s biggest food companies, restaurants and retailers to help them capitalize upon the growing shift to plant-based eating and the future opportunity that exists with cell-based meat
    4) Policy advocates for fair regulation of plant-based and cell-based meat and lobbies for government investment in sustainable protein R&D

We are conducting this work not only in the U.S. but also in Brazil, India, Israel, Europe and Asia Pacific.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do together!
  • ShwayComsShwayComs Mr. Posts: 6
    Bio:

Currently i apply myself as a logistician and innovator towards which i am working conscientiously. My introduction to the sciences began at an American international school later to be formally documented with exams by a British institute of education participating along the framework of ordinary and advanced level certificate granting body; I have a basic education in combined sciences. I went on to study business book keeping and then back later on to technical theoretical at masters level studying logistics transportation post graduate level here in Scandinavia at Chalmers University Of Technology. Logistics Engineering.

Having been documenting, inventing things for several years now, some of my early patent applications “Millennium-Era” were a great fascination for me from start; also I took part in NASA Glenn's Breakthrough Propulsion Physics initiative BPPP in 2002 post graduate studies. You could say that my bearings are coming steadfast to the earth and a more understandable approach at inventing something intelligible by others.

I would like to offer a Kenta 4.3 solution for clean air ca 2011 :

http://shwaycoms.com/cg-s4/1.0.0-pt---pneumatic-battery-capacitor/1.2.00-PT---Pneumatic-Battery-Capacitor.pdf
    Welcome to the community, @Ali_J_Gangeh, @UVMI, @alisonGFI and @ShwayComs! We're happy to have you. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to message me here or email me at [email protected].
  • ShwayComsShwayComs Mr. Posts: 6
    Thx - that is nice to know - I have sent a file to admin - in a shifting sea of demands and conditions it is nice to know that there is concearn out there. If I can be of service then simply post it - the site is book marked and I can check back at a later date to see what direction it is heading unless by mail.
  • mickwazamickwaza Posts: 8
    Hello I am a physics degree holder I qualified a long time ago. I have been thinking about renewable energy and decentralized systems for a while. The solutions I tend to propose hypothetical systems which use simple classical physics.
    I have put forward two potential innovations in the environment section on water production from air. They may be useful as prevention of wildfires.
    The reason I don't test them is the fact I live in a cool and damp climate and do not have access to resources.
  • NovameatNovameat CEO Posts: 1
    Hi all!

I'm the founder and CEO at NOVAMEAT.
    Our startup is known for unveiling the world’s first 3D printed plant-based beefsteak in 2018. We develop cutting-edge technologies to produce the next generation of plant-based meat products, which can simultaneously mimic the texture, appearance, nutritional and sensorial properties of fibrous animal meats such as beefsteaks, chicken breast meat, and tuna steaks.
    Here a recent report about us: https://www.dw.com/en/vegan-steak-from-a-3d-printer/av-50727678
    Welcome to the community, @Novameat! Thank you for joining us.

I moved your comment into the general introductions thread. You can find all the discussions related to our Feeding the Next Billion Prize Design here. We'd be thrilled to get your advice on this prize. Perhaps you can help answer some of our questions related to the regulatory landscape for alternative meat?